Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Q: I had four teeth taken out as a teen when I had braces. I am now 40 years old and I snore. My dentist says that the jaw holding my teeth is too narrow and needs to be widened in order to reduce my snoring. Are there any other side effects to having teeth removed?

Dr. Herman's Answer: Back in the last century, all orthodontists had no choice but to take out teeth. But since 2002 orthodontists, using the Damon System of Braces rarely remove teeth. We know that removing four healthy teeth can lead to a narrower jaw, create spaces later in life and sink in the mid face making a person age poorly. For over 10 years I have encouraged people to get a second opinion if an orthodontist wants to remove four healthy teeth. Call 1-800-4-BRACES for your free consultation before you remove any healthy teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment