Monday, November 3, 2014

I’ve heard that you very rarely remove teeth to correct crowding. Why?

Many orthodontists remove teeth to make room for crowding because it is a relatively easy way to make space. After years of observing this practice, I agree with many other orthodontists that it negatively impacts the profile of the face. You may have noticed this yourself in adults who had teeth removed during orthodontic treatment. Their faces can seem sunken in, their noses can seem longer, their lips can look thinner, and the chin sticks out more. I believe in using a high-tech braces that allow me to create space without removing teeth and give my patients wide beautiful smiles. If you visit an orthodontist who wants to remove teeth, please call 1-800-4Braces and schedule a free consultation for a non-extraction option.

No comments:

Post a Comment