Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I visited a dentist for the first time in several years for a routine exam and to get a lost filling replaced. The dentist informed me I had periodontal disease and I needed a special deep cleaning. I declined treatment since it was unexpected. Should I go back for treatment?

Secondary findings are common in all areas of health care. It happens when a person comes in with one concern and finds out that there are other problems as well. It is normal for a person to need time to process new information. I find that if a person has enough information and time, he or she usually makes a decision to proceed with a reasonable plan for treatment. I recommend you address any concerns with your dentist and have all of your questions answered prior to beginning treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment