Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I just moved here and need an orthodontist familiar with the Damon system of braces to continue my treatment. My previous orthodontist informed me that special training was needed to use Damon braces. I called a local orthodontist whose website said they offer Damon braces and low prices. The lady I spoke with said they actually mix traditional braces with Damon braces on patients. She said both braces systems achieve the same result. Is this an effective treatment plan?

I do not agree with this treatment plan. As an orthodontist specially trained in passive self-ligation technology, including the Damon System, I know that traditional braces and Damon braces do not achieve the same quality result. It is like saying that a Walkman cassette recorder is the same as an iPod. They both allow for the mobile playing of music but no one would say they are the same. I encourage you to call my office at 1-800-4Braces for a free consultation to discuss finishing your treatment most effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment