Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I visited another orthodontist who wanted to put screws into my bone to fix my bite and said that a narrow smile was more stable than a wide smile. I like the look of a wide smile. He also told me I would need to wear retainers after braces to keep my teeth straight. If a narrow smile is more stable, then why do I need retainers?

There are no studies that show narrow smiles are more stable than wide smiles. Most patients prefer a wide smile because of the positive impact it can have on their overall appearance. Retainers are always required after braces are removed to ensure stability, no matter the width of the smile. I use the high-tech H4 system of braces to create wide beautiful smiles. I do not use screws or unnecessary appliances and offer straight-forward treatment plans. Call 1-800-4braces for a second opinion and free consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment