Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My son has crooked front teeth. Does he need to lose all his baby teeth before he visits an orthodontist?

No, but I do recommend patients lose their lower first baby tooth molars before beginning orthodontic treatment. These teeth usually fall out between ages 8-10 with girls losing them before boys. They are the teeth behind the canines, and the teeth that replace them are called first premolars. I try to have most of my patients’ orthodontic treatment completed in two years or less. I find that in most cases, waiting until the lower primary first molar falls out helps me achieve this time period. I always offer free consultations, regardless of age or number of baby teeth remaining. Please call 1-800-4BRACES to discuss how orthodontic treatment can improve your son’s smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment